Blog Rally (b’lôg răl’ē) adj.
- A coordinated, simultaneous presentation of identical or similar material on numerous blogs for the purpose of engaging large numbers of readers and/or persuading them to adopt a certain position or take a certain action.
- The simultaneous nature of a blog rally can create the result of joining the efforts of otherwise independent bloggers for an agreed-upon purpose.
We are entering an unprecedented season of change for the United States health care system. Americans are united by their desire to fundamentally reform our current system into one that delivers on the promise of freedom, equity, and best outcomes for best value. In this season of reform, we will see all kinds of ideas presented from all across the political spectrum. Many of these ideas will be prescriptive, and don’t harness the power of innovation to create the dramatic breakthroughs required to create a next generation health system.
We believe there is a better way.
This belief is founded in the idea that aligned incentives can be a powerful way to spur innovation and seek breakthrough ideas from the most unlikely sources. Many of the reform ideas being put forward may not include some of the best thinking, the collective experience, and the most meaningful ways to truly implement change. To address this issue, the X PRIZE Foundation, along with WellPoint Inc and WellPoint Foundation as sponsor, has introduced a $10MM prize for health care innovators to implement a new model of health. The focus of the prize is to increase health care value by 50% in a 10,000 person community over a three year period.
The Healthcare X PRIZE team has released an Initial Prize Design and is actively seeking public comment. We are hoping, and encouraging everyone at every opportunity, to engage in this effort to help design a system of care that can produce dramatic breakthroughs at both an individual vitality and community health level.
Here is your opportunity to contribute:
- Download the Initial Prize Design
- Share you comments regarding the prize concept, the measurement framework, and the likelihood of this prize to impact health and health care reform.
- Share the Initial Prize Design document with as many of your health, innovation, design, technology, academic, business, political, and patient friends as you can to provide an opportunity for their participation
We hope this blog rally amplifies our efforts to solicit feedback from every source possible as we understand that innovation does not always have a corporate address. We hope your engagement starts a viral movement of interest driven by individual people who realize their voice can and must be included. Let’s ensure that all of us – and the people we love – can have a health system that aligns health finance, care delivery, and individual incentives in a way that optimizes individual vitality and community health. Together, we can ensure the best ideas are able to come forward in a transparent competition designed to accelerate health innovation. We look forward to your participation.
Special thanks to Paul Levy for both demonstrating the value of collaborative effort and suggesting we utilize a blog rally for this crowdsourcing effort. Participating bloggers and media include include:
- Bob Coffield, Health Law Blog
- Richard Elmore, Avance Healthcare
- Vijay Goel, MD – Consumer Focused Healthcare
- Vince Kuraitis, eManagement Blog
- Paul Levy, Running a Hospital
- Bertalan Mesko, Science Roll
- Modern Healthcare
- Bill Pomerantz, The Launch Pad
- Amy Tenderich, Diabetes Mine
- Fred Trotter, Open Source Hacktavist
- Matthew Holt, The Healthcare Blog
9 comments on “Blog Rally: Raising Awareness for Public Participation in Healthcare X PRIZE Development”
An interesting post. Increasing the people to know about health care will make them understand how important it is to have a health care insurance and its flaws.