- The act of connecting.
- The state of being connected
- An association or relationship
The comments below are only available once you log into Sermo:
The past two weeks have seen polls come out that would appear to portray physicians with diametrically opposite positions in the current healthcare debate. A September 14th poll of 5,157 physicians in New England Journal of Med… indicates that:
- 63% of physicians support a combined public/private approach to coverage (i.e. the healthcare reform approach currently proposed)
A poll two days later by IBD/TIPP of 1,376, also randomly selected physicians, indicated that [LINK]:
- 65% say they oppose the proposed healthcare plan
- 45% of the respondents stated that they would consider leaving medicine if the reforms were in fact enacted
In parallel, there has been a dramatic acceleration in the number of discussions around cash-on… While fee-for-service or “cash only” practices have long been a popular topic on Sermo, there appears to be increasing interest in this as the healthcare debate has progressed. Given the growing impact of this trend, the media is asking the Sermo physician community to help asses this trend and the possible impact on the physician-patient relationship.
Daniel Palestrant, MD
CEO & Founder, Sermo
P.S. Get your colleagues involved. And help us make a big statement to the media. Cut and paste this link into your outgoing email: https://md.sermo.com/medical/ticket/details?id=41104